Monday, August 5, 2013

My Weight Loss Journey: The Goal of This Blog

The Goal of this blog:

So I was posting here and there on Facebook to let everyone know I had made the decision to have Gastric Bypass Surgery to try and improve my weight and therefore health. After the surgery, I started posting periodic updates but then decided I wanted to go into things a little bit more. That way people who cared, could get the details, and those that didn't, didn't have to read something they didn't want to. 

I'm already Post-Op day 5 so I'll re-post my posts as they were, then maybe add to here or there and continue from today on as best I can. Usually I suck at keeping these 'diary' type things but I know a lot of people who have either gone through this process already, are getting ready to go through it, or have a least thought about it and don't know what to do. I hope this can shed some light for those who are still going through this and need to know that they aren't alone... for those considering this option so they know what they're really getting into... and for those who know someone in the previous two areas so they can also be informed and be whats most needed: Supportive!

During this process I also figure this would be a good way for me to keep myself in check and evaluate my progress and vent any frustrations/concerns/thoughts/ideas/etc. that I discover along the way. I will be truthful and most likely blunt with my accounts of the whole process (and possibly even icky at points, so consider this your warning!) but in NO WAY am trying to promote any type of negativity about this topic - just the opposite in fact.


Each and every person makes this decision for their own reasons. Whether or not you or I agree with that decision or why they made the decision is irrelevant because it's not our decision. The most important thing that anyone can do if they know someone who has made this decision or is in the process of making this decision is: SUPPORT THEM! This is a Huge step in anyone's life and they will need a lot of support from beginning till forever, because there is no end with this. This is a life long commitment.   


So... here it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment