Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Post-Op: Day 4

Sunday's are always good days to relax and overall, that's what I intend to do. Chad little brothers graduation party was scheduled for noon but some nausea caused me to be even more show moving than usual. Once it passed we got ready and cruised into New Castle for a while. It was a lot like the day before with people asking how I was, me sitting a lot,  watching Aiden run around and lots of yummy food that, out of habit, I wanted to eat. My mother-in-law makes some delicious pasta salad and deviled eggs... both of which I thought... "I could get away with a bite of that"... but sadly for my taste buds... I passed. Into my lunch bag I went for an Italian Ice (see I can eat some yummy things still). I ate about 3/4 off it before calling it quits and going back to my water.

Now this may be "TMI" for some so consider yourself warned: my tummy was a bit rumbly today. Not nauseated per say... but you know that feeling when you're like... "uh oh... is it gas or something else?" With the story of Al Roker in the White House lingering every so prominently in my mind, (Google it if you don't know what I mean), I decided to head to the little girls room. Now let me also mention that during the surgery, that was done laparoscopicly, they use gases/air to inflate in and around your stomach so they have easier access to what they need to get to. This later causes... well... gas. That air has to get out somehow... burping or "expelling excess gas" as my mother would say is common and encouraged after these kinds of procedures. Any air that gets stuck inside can actually be painful as it usually lodges behind your shoulder blade causing a lot of discomfort until you "walk it out". Chad experienced this more so than me after his gallbladder removal. I had some slight discomfort behind my right shoulder for awhile at the reunion Saturday, but the rest of that gas was certainly making its way out Sunday. This was also the first time since the afternoon/evening before surgery that I've used the restroom for anything more than piddling and putting on makeup. We'll put it lightly... there were several trips to the restroom for about an hour or so and it wasn't very lady like... lol.  Then everything was back to normal.

See, that wasn't too bad now was it? ;-)

My husband let me take the car down the street to get gas and that was the first time I drove since Wednesday so that was nice... but I was getting pretty sore. I had decided that I wanted to slow down on the pain meds since they make me so sleepy and blah. I had gone from about 7am since my last dose of pain meds and it was now about 5:30p when we were back on the road home. I caved around 7pm and took some more pain meds and lounged around with the family the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment