Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Post-Op: Day 3

Post-Op day 3 brings us to Saturday. My side of the family had a reunion not too far away from our house and I desperately wanted some outdoors time so I wanted to give it a try. I was able to get a shower which was just glorious but also caused me to get pretty warm despite my attempts to keep the air flow going through the bathroom. Once I got out I was over-heated and very nauseous so I had to lay down pretty quick. An ice pack on the neck, some a.c. and about 15 minutes or so took care of the nausea. I was still pretty slow moving and kind of weak feeling at this point. I had been taking my prescription pain killers pretty regularly through the first few days so the pain was still relatively minimal which was a plus.

Also something to note is even though we're 3 days post-op, I still am not feeling hungry at this point... or at least what I knew as my hungry. I'd have these inklings here and there that it was coming, but I focused on drinking my fluids and that seemed to help it pass. It's weird having to get reacquainted with your own body again. I'm not sure what my new hungry or new full is so I've been very hesitant in drinking anything... not wanting to drink too fast or get nauseated.

So I finally get my slow butt ready and we're on our way out. My hubby helped me back my "lunch" so I'd have lots of options and wouldn't be so tempted by all the yummy food at the reunion. We brought a cooler stocked with flavored waters, diet tea, regular water, jello, some Crystal lite packets and juice. I wanted to start with some juice since after "Phase 1" aka liquids only, I won't be able to have juice due to the calorie content. I watered down my juice and started sipping on the way over. I had also taken a dose of pain meds before leaving the house as well. By the time we got to or reunion, I was feeling pretty good ;). I walked in and was greeted by family... some of which knew I had the surgery and some who didn't. It was warm outside and my meds were kicking in so I took a seat pretty quickly. Several family members came over to check on me and asked how I was feeling and it was nice to see that positive response. Other people who didn't know and had learned that day that theI had surgery asked questions, gave hugs and wished me well. It was great.

Now all this time there's a giant table of food lined up against the wall with tons of yummy stuff. Burgers, hot dogs, subs, salads, pop, and more and everyone was eating it all around me! How dare them? (I'm just kidding of course. Everyone isn't going to change their ways because I chose to.) I kinda wanted something... but then I realized I really didn't. I wasn't hungry... actually... I was nauseated. Did I drink the juice too fast? Was it all the "action" or the heat and meds? I'm not sure so I switched to ice water just in case and sat there and relaxed. After a bit of zoning cuz of the meds kicking in... Chad and I decided to take a walk. Slow but sure we walked around and watched Aiden and the other kids run around and have fun. Shortly after we decided to head home. I was tired. That was a lot of work sitting and walking! So we cruised back home.

Nothing really note worthy for the rest of the day. Just relaxing and sipping and sleeping. All good stuff on the road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment