Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Post-Op: Day 2

Another night of almost no sleep. Ugh. I am tired. I'm expecting to have Lab Tech #5 come in any time but surprisingly, I didn't need labs this morning... or I did and they said "screw that". Either way... no sticks.. yay! I nap between the vitals and the nurse coming into check on me. Cautiously optimistic, I wait for the doctor to come in. This is day 3 in the hospital. I want my own bed, my hubby and my son. He strolls in around 7:30am if I remember right...
Dr: "How ya feeling? Keeping your fluids down?"
Me: Feeling pretty decent considering, ready for this drainage tube to be out though... yes sir, drinking good."
Dr: "Want to go home?"
Me: "Yes Please!"
Dr. "Ok... we'll get the paperwork and she'll be in to get this stuff out of ya. (He gestures to the iv that had been disconnected but was still in my hand). Come see me in about a week."
Me: "You got it! Thank you!"

Yay I get to go home! Woop-Woop! I txt my hunny who I know is still asleep but that way he knows to get his butt moving when he gets up. Discharge time is 11am as so the signs tell me in my room so I know it'll be a bit, but still not that long. Happy Face!

I needed to kill some time, so Facebook it was:
August 2, 2013
"I feel great! I never would have thought I'd be saying that but I do. No nausea, minor discomfort, and the tried and truth test of getting up to go to the little girlies room this morning was the easiest it's been in 2 days even though I still have my drainage tube in. (They did give me drugs right before that though lol) the DT comes out when the nurse finished her rounds, which I'm kinda nervous about, but then I'm officially free of all extra tubes/lines/etc. My amazing husband Chad is already on his way down here for the 3rd day in a row but this time it's to pick me up so I should be home by early afternoon!

Thank you to everyone for your continued thoughts, prayers, comments and texts along the way. If it's not too much to ask, keep 'em coming for when I get home the real challenges begin but I'm ready for them!

Also special thanks to Natalie or coming to visit me as well as Matt who brought me these beautiful flowers upon his visit. They smell so good!
"


Speaking of those flowers again: 

 


I wait for the nurse to make it around and she gives me the usual look over but then confirms I'm going home. She gives me my shot of Lovonox (blood thinner to reduce risk of clots, got this Wed and Thursday too) in my tummy and my heartburn meds in my iv (just in case) and then pulls the IV's. My "food" comes so I sip sip some more and wait for her to finish her rounds and come pull my drainage tube. I was totally freaked out about this happening. I don't know why, considering my past history with the central line/wound vac after I had Aiden, but it did. She comes back in and snips the little stitch holding it in place and goes "ok - here we go" and 3 seconds and a funny inside tickle later... it's out. Not a pinch of pain. Well, I freaked myself out for nothing on that one. She gives me my discharge paperwork and Chad walks in not too long after that. He helps me get all my things together and out we go... on our way home right on time... about 10:45am. 

After a mildly nauseating ride home, I plop my behind on the couch to relax. We all (Mommy, Daddy & Grandma) explain to Aiden that Mommy has 'Booboo's" and he has to help out and go easy with Mommy. For the most part... he's been great... but he is still almost 2 so he has his moments as expected but he's a smart little guy and has been as gentle as anyone his age can be. 

I remember being very tired. That wheelchair and car ride were the most action I'd had in 3 days. My hubby went and got my pain meds for me and after a dose, I was off to sleepy land. I desperately wanted a shower but I just felt too weak and too sore still to do it so I put it off till the next day. My biggest issue today was getting in and out of bed. We have a foam mattress so there's really no resistance to push against if you want to turn over so it's all about those tummy muscles again. I slept some and got up, sipped some broth and jello my Mommy made me (Aww... isn't she sweet!?) and was lazy the rest of the day until bed time when I kissed my son goodnight and fell asleep beside my husband again... there really is no place like home. <3











No comments:

Post a Comment