Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Post-Op: Days 5 & 6

Post-Op Day 5 was pretty uneventful. I had to run to Boardman to pick up this adorable turtle sandbox I bought for Aiden for his birthday... Chad got to drive. After that, we headed to Wal-Mart for a bit of shopping. I hadn't taken any pain meds and I was feeling more sore today than the day before it seemed for some weird reason. I think it was because I turned funny last night in bed and pulled my tummy a little more than I should have... at least that's what I'm blaming it on. So as we're getting closer to Wal-Mart I tell Chad... "I'm getting one of those 'go-go-gadget' carts when we get in there... I'm too sore to walk that much and were never quick getting in and out of there." "....you're kidding, right?" He asks. Oh I'm definitely doing this now just to mess with him! So I did. I cruised like a pro around Wally World in my motorized cart along side my hubby... even though he tried to act like he wasn't with me at points... haha!

Chad and I came home afterwords and just were lazy all day. I was feeling pretty blah... kinda weak but more fluids... more sips... same stuff the rest of the day. Nothing exciting.

Post-Op: Day 6

Also mostly uneventful. Chad went with me again to Boardman for a morning meeting I had and then we met a lady who I was buying an extra car seat off of and back home it was.

Today was my first challenging day. I've been feeling hungry again... not as hungry as I had before, but still enough that I'd have to address it with jello or broth or a protein shake which I was aloud to start a day or 2 ago. But today... sucked in the afternoon. My husband started making a steak and crab for dinner. No, no, that's not mean... he has to eat and we have it so why not? The problem this time was that I was hungry... for real hungry... and the smell was soooo gooood. That was the first real time where I was frustrated that I couldn't eat like I wanted to. I was feeling pretty good so I felt the most like me that I had in days so I felt that I could have eaten that and been fine. Now I know that steak would have killed me later... but the crab was so soft and yummy..... I caved... but just a little. 2-3 tiny pieces of crab meat chewed extremely thoroughly... but that's it. Then about 3/4ths of my protein shake (which runs about 10 ounces our so) and I was full.... Full? That's all it took? Cool!

I finally had that realization that I have to pay attention to my body more than I ever have before. That even though I technically did something I wasn't supposed to yet... I didn't eat half the plate like I wanted to. It was a huge mental challenge that I didn't pass but I learned a lot from... and that's still something.

No comments:

Post a Comment